Wednesday 4 December 2013

... and about bloody time!


(29.5.1989)
 

It's taken me a while to get round to this but the incredible success of Flashback Littlehampton really does demand that it is easier to access information. Facebook is great for immediacy, for building  friendships and digging up obscure stuff, but the photo album feature still needs really basic things added to it - like being able to rearrange the display (alphabetical would be nice!)

I've been blogging for many years, well before it became commonplace, right back to when you had to add your own HTML code to add things like sidebars etc! So I'm a little more comfortable with this format rather than websites, though I am learning and a Flashback website will follow eventually!

A lot of you will already be familiar with the Flashback group but I'll give a little background! Although I was born in Carlisle my family connection with LA goes back at least 150 years, and I moved to LA when I was 9 months old, in 1957. I lived in Whitelea Road until 1969 and then in Wick Street until 1990, when I moved to Scotland. I did return to the area in 1995 (Rustington) after my son was born 4 months early and we needed the support of our families. I later moved to Bosham where I help launch the Jobsite website company (as Finance Director), then moved to Longleat and now to Bristol.

My family connections to LA are still very strong of course as all the rest of my extended family live there, or very close.

Back in the 80s I started taking photos of the town, and this gave me the impetus to start Flashback. It dragged along for a few months with just a few members (well under 100) then suddenly took off. We've not looked back since.

So the purpose of this blogsite will be to concentrate on specific aspects of the town, its social history and characters. I can't promise to blog every day, but I'll try to add content as much as possible.

If any of you would like to become a co-author please don't hesitate to volunteer! Ideas for future features are also more than welcome. You can always email me via leysiner@aol.com (that name will no doubt be explained in a later feature!) or send ideas to Flashback of course!

4 comments:

  1. I would love to see all the photos and stories from Littlehampton on one site. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange geographical coincidence - I moved to Littlehampton in 1976 when I was 14 and now live on the Longleat estate via about 20 years "up north"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was interesting to learn a bit more about you Steve, thanks! Jane Koszuta

    ReplyDelete